Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration
AccuDry Inc. is your Choice in Oakland County Michigan for Fire Damage Restoration. AccuDry Inc. is certified through The Clean Trust to remove soot and smoke odor from your home, office, barn, or any other structure. AccuDry Inc. does NOT rebuild your home. We specialize in cleaning the soot and smoke, and removing the odor from your home.
1. Initial Inspection:
The first thing AccuDry Inc. will do is walk though the structure with you showing you how much soot damage you have, where it’s concentrated, and what we need to do to remove the odor from your home.
This is when we will determine the extent of the damage such as what types of materials are affected and what method or methods of cleaning are needed.
We will also asses areas that were not affected as it is just as important to protect these areas before damage spread. This will save you MONEY!
After this initial inspection we will let you know what to expect as far as how long it may take to complete the cleaning and what the procedures will be necessary to clean all damaged areas and/or items. We will also take a complete inventory of all the items and discuss with you if they need to be removed from the affected areas and where they will be stored.
2. Assessing the type of Smoke Damage you have.
Types of Smoke
- Wet Smoke ~ Usually associated with smoldering fires with low heat. Residues are sticky, smeary and with pungent odors. Smoke webs can be difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke Residues ~ Results from fast burning fires at high temperatures. Residues are often dry, powdery, small, and have non smeary smoke particles.
- Protein Residues ~ Virtually invisible residues that discolor paints and varnishes. Extreme pungent odor.
- Fuel Oil Soot ~ From commercial or home furnaces when they “puff” back smoke, causing oily, hazardous soot.
- Other Types of Residues ~ Tear gas, fingerprint powder, and fire extinguisher residues also need clean up.
3. Odor Removal
Ozone generators are designed to remove odor, not cover them up. AccuDry Inc. uses advanced ozone generators, which produce pure ozone gas, permanently removing the odor, germs or viruses, without harming furnishings.
AccuDry Inc. uses advanced Thermo-Foggers that produce a hot thick smoke that destroys odors, and will neutralize particle sizes as minute as .25 microns, reaching cracks and voids in surfaces touched by smoke and soot. A Thermo- Fogger actually recreates the smoke conditions allowing the counteracting agent to go into the same nooks and crannies that the smoke and soot penetrated.
5. Surface Cleaning
AccuDry Inc. uses a multitude of different specialized EPA approved smoke odor solutions to clean hard surfaces, like walls, cabinets, and floors to deep cleaning soft surfaces like carpeting and upholstery.
6. Duct Clean
Advanced Hepa-Vac treatment provides for 99.7% vacuuming efficiency at .3 microns to ensure removal of all unseen bacteria, mildew, and dangerous microorganisms in ventilation systems.
7. We work Non-Stop as our Customers Advocate
AccuDry Inc. uses the same billing software as the insurance companies. Your covered claim will be resolved fairly, accurately, and as quickly as possible.
Some Things you may not know about SMOKE:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, using holes around pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process
- Smoke can penetrate within cavities of the structure causing hidden damage and odor.
We handle fire and smoke damage restoration throughout Oakland County MI.